Today’s recipe is an easy and quick spinach salad (Sigeumchi Namul – 시금치 나물). It can be served as dish dish or as an ingredient for the bibimbap.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 grams (3 and 1/2 cups) of spinach
- 2 tbs of salt
- 1 liter (4 cups) of water
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- roasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Wash the spinach
- Bring water to boil and add the salt
- Add the spinach and briefly cook them for around 30 seconds
- Strain the spinach and let them cool down. Next squeeze them gently to remove the excess of water.
- In a bowl place the spinach, add the seasoning (soy sauce, sesame oil) and mix with your hands
- Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and serve!
This spinach salad has a delicate taste, but if you prefer more stronger flavor you can add a tbs of Apple vinegar and chili pepper powder.