- 1 daikon radish
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 3 green onions
- 1 small apple
- 1 ts sugar
- 4 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 small onion ( 1/4 of a big one)
- 1 spoon fish sauce
- Clean the daikon peel it and slice it into cubes.
- In a large bowl put the radish cubes and add salt. Mix it and let it rest for 30 min.
- Chop garlic cloves, onion, ginger, apple. Put them in a bowl and add fish sauce, sugar and mix with a food processor to create a paste.
- Slice green onions
- Drain the radish cubes and add the paste
- In a big bowl mix radish, paste and green onion.
- Store the kakkdugi in jars at room temperature for 2-3 days before putting it in the fridge
Kakkdugi, radish kimchi is a common type of kimchi and is often consumed together with soups or rice. Why not trying it with our kongnamul gukbap?