Today we will prepare ojingeo bokkeum (오징어볶음) a nutritious dish made with squid and vegetables stir fried with a spicy sauce. Perfect if accompanied by steamed rice. Let’s start cooking!
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 squid (around 700 grams/1,5 pounds)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- green onion
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 ts chili powder
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbs chili pepper paste gochujang (more if you like very spicy!)
- Wash the squid. Remove the intestines, the skin and the bone. Slice the squid in strips and set aside
- Prepare the sauce: mix soy sauce, chili powder, chili paste, sugar and chopped garlic.
- Marinate the squid with the sauce. In the meantime we will chop the vegetables
- Slice carrot thinly and diagonally, cut green onion in 3-4 cm (1 inch more or less) length pieces, slice the onion
- Heat a pan over high fire and add 1 tbs of oil. Stir fry the vegetables: carrot, onion and green onion for 2-3 mins.
- Add the squid and cook it for a few minutes. Don’t overcook it otherwise the squid will be hard!
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and some sesame oil. Serve with steamed rice! Buon appetito!