A Korean food classic, bulgogi is a delicious marinated beef dishes that is usually cooked on the grill or stir-fried on a pan. Is a typical dish that is best enjoyed with many people over drinks.
Ingredients for 2 people
– 500 grams (1 pound) of beef tenderloin. Cut against the grain in thin slices in thin strips 1/2 inches wide for 1 inch long. This will it make them easier to chew.
– 1 carrot
– 1 spring onion
For the marinade:
– 1/2 apple
– 1 clove garlic chopped
– 1 ts of chopped ginger
– 2 tbs soy sauce
– 1 onion sliced
– 1 ts of pepper
- First we are going to slice the meat and put it in room temperature water for 10-15 min to get rid of the blood.
- For the marinate sauce we will be using a mixer or a food processor: mince the garlic, the ginger and the apple and process until it will be creamy. Add sliced onions and pepper
- Mix the marinade sauce with the meat and let it marinate for at least 30 mins (better if overnight)
- Slice the carrot and spring onion
- Pour 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan and heat it on medium heat
- Stir fry the meat and add the sliced carrot and green onion.
- Let it cook until the meat will be cooked through and browned.
Serve the bulgogi with rice and lettuce for the wrapping (ssam)